Stephen Hawking asked an important question today on Yahoo, and people are responding. "In a world that is in chaos politically, socially and environmentally, how can the human race sustain another 100 years?"
My CwG response:
Thanks for asking this question so publicly Mr. Hawking. Thanks for, yet again, giving people something to really think about.
My answer is tolerance. Tolerance of any and all beliefs and lifestyles that do no harm. Exclusive religion and/or exclusive belief systems are dangerous things on this planet. Far too many wars are started because group A chooses to be offended by the way group B believes, worships or lives.
Neale Donald Walsch's Five Steps To Peace:
1. Acknowledge that some of our old beliefs about God and about LIFE are no longer working.
2. Acknowledge that there is something we may not understand about God and about LIFE, the understanding of which will change everything.
3. Be willing for a new understanding of God and LIFE to now be brought forth, an understanding that could produce a new way of life on the earth.
4. Be courageous enough to explore and examine this new understanding, and, if it aligns with our inner truth and knowing, to enlarge our belief system to include it.
5. Live our lives as demonstrations of our highest and grandest beliefs, rather than as denials of them.
I think there might be an opportunity for CwGers to really makes some waves in regard to this question. You might consider going to answer it yourself. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=2